Yesterday I met a really nice girl at the Meetup, Yumiko, and she asked if we could hang out so we agreed to meet at Shibuya and go to a burger place…yup…I decided to give burgers in Japan another try.
We went to place called J.S. Burger, and it was actually pretty good! No pictures really…today is the day I leave…but I’d like to summarize my time in Japan. Here’s what I did:
- I went to Chidorigafuchi park in Tokyo to view cherry blossoms
- Explored Ueno and Yoyogi park
- Enjoyed Hiroshima
- Went to Miyajima Island
- Visited the first school in Japan in the Tochigi district
- Went to Ashikaga Flower Park
- Traveled to Sapporo and stayed at a Ryokan
- Did a chocolate factory tour
- Walked around Akihabara
- Did a culinary expedition where I tried
- Many different bentos
- Molecular gastronomy desserts
- Awed over Tokyo Food Show
- Bamboo forest in Kyoto
- Strolled through the Tsukiji Fish Market
- Wandered around Asakusa and Minato through more cherry blossoms
- Made many new friends!
When I come home from Tokyo I always question my choices in life…one of the things I really love about Japan is how people seem to do things based upon community benefit, versus self-benefit… I can’t wait to visit again Japan!
But you know…hello Seattle…