Trust me when I say, it’s amazeballs. I made this last month with some tomato bisque (I’ll post a recipe for this later) and thought this would make an awesome accompaniment. And I haven’t posted enough recipes for you to figure this out about me, but I freaking love garlic…and cheese…and butter…so…yeah, this just works.
Also, I think this recipe is really versatile! You don’t have to stop at cheese and garlic butter, you could make it a bread stuffed pizza too, right? I’ll have to try it out myself.
This is also great if you want to take it to a potluck as picky food.
- 1 loaf of sourdough or crusty bread (not cut), hell, make your own if you’re so inclined (sourdough bread recipe soon to come)
- 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Garlic butter (mix all these ingredients together and stir thoroughly)
- 1 stick of butter (yeah, 1/2 a cup), melted
- 2-5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh (or dried) parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal to create a diamond patch across the bread. (See picture below for detail)
- Use your fingers to drizzle the garlic butter all along the crevices.
- Stuff in a pinch of cheese into each crevice.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the top foil and let it bake.
- Turn on the broiler for another 3-5 minutes or so until cheese gets brown and bubbly.
- Serve this immediately, or close to. It isn’t as delicious when the bread goes cold.