There’s nothing quite as satisfying as roasted veggies. Ok there is…like cake or cupcakes or pie…but we’re adults here…so…yeah, roasted veggies.
I was inspired to do this for two reasons:
- I had an amazing quinoa bowl from I love my gff
- I had a lot of random veggies in the fridge
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 5 carrots, chopped
- Quinoa, cooked in water OR chicken broth
- 7-8 oz of Halloumi cheese, sliced (This cheese is pretty salty so be conscious of how much salt you use.)
- olive oil
- any other seasoning you feel like
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other random seasoning you like. Take any vegetable that’s great roasted, so don’t let my list limit you. I think broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, anything would be awesome.
- Put vegetables on a bake sheet as spread out as possible. You want the vegetables to roast, not steam each other.
- Cook for 30 minutes then flip, then cook for another 30 minutes. I like a bit of a char on the veggies so I’ll turn on the broiler and let that sit for 5 minutes before taking it out.
- Grill or pan-fry the halloumi.
- Then put your bowl together, mine isn’t super pretty, but quinoa down, then pile on the veggies on top with the halloumi.
- Squeeze lemon over the dish, or a dressing. I have a dressing that I made that is awesome over this. I’ll have to post a recipe for that later.
Note: I also added chicken, but it isn’t necessary, this bowl is amazingly filling!