Perhaps I didn’t mention this, but I also cook. So my blog will be travel and food…which, I guess it already is about food. It’s just been restaurants food.
Breakfast sausages are really easy to make and super delicious, give this recipe a shot, share what changes you made. I love hearing about ways to change things that may be different and tasty.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (or whatever ground meat you want, or do a combo of pork and beef)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup finely diced apple
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely minced (or chopped, which is what I did)
- 2 tsp sage, I used dried, but if you use fresh make sure it’s finely minced
- ½ tsp thyme, same with the sage, I used dried, but finely minced if fresh
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- ½ tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Form into eight 4-inch patties, about ½ inch thick
- Turn stove to medium heat
- Heat the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet
- Cook the sausage patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and firm to the touch
I separate them by two’s and freeze them.