Today started off much better than yesterday! I had a hard time sleeping since I had slept so long the day before so I rolled out of bed around 09:30. By the time I was ready to go and explore the day it was around 10:45. I started off the day having brunch at Bakers & Roasters. There was a crazy long line! I ended up waiting about 30 minutes for a seat at the bar. Was it worth it? OMG yes! I enjoyed a latte and the kiwi brekkie dish. The kiwi brekkie dish is two eggs poached, 2 slices of bacon, 1 sausage, breakfast potatoes, garlicky spinach, and creamy mushrooms. It was so fantastic!
As a matter of fact, I’m debating waking up early tomorrow and starting my day there. The latte was also very good! People really enjoy their coffee around here.
After enjoying a delicious breakfast I walked to Sarphatipark and walked around. And yes, I’m horrible at taking selfies.
I then decided to just walk towards Amsterdam Centraal Station. I spontaneously decided to get off at the Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum stop and went to the Moco Museum as it was featuring Banksy and Andy Warhol. After I left the museum it was about 16:00 so I returned to the hotel as I needed a teensy breather before I headed out for dinner.
For dinner, I went to Winkel 43 and did some more walking. I spent most of my time today walking and observing my surroundings. I essentially walked around Grachtengordel, Grachtengordel-West, and Centrum.
- If you haven’t figured it out, I’m cheap. Most of my travel is spent walking and finding ways to enjoy my surroundings and paying for very little.
- I purchased a travel ticket that is for 3-days. This pass has the following benefits:
- Easy going and all-in-one: you no longer have to worry about transport to and across Amsterdam.
- Unlimited 2nd class rail travel between Schiphol Amsterdam Airport and any station in Amsterdam.
- Unlimited travel on all buses, trams, metros and ferries operated by GVB.
- If you are taking the Connexxion bus, the pass does NOT work on this so you will need the chip card.
Since I didn’t sleep well last night I’m completely exhausted today, so I’m off. I’m actually falling asleep as I write this. I will post the other pictures I’ve taken from Day 2 tomorrow on my Instagram: @nataliejourneys.
I plan to go to The Hague tomorrow, so I’m really looking forward to that!
But Amsterdam is made for walking! So many places to see along the canals. If you walk just a little more, there are a number of windmills right in the city!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for that! I haven’t ventured that far yet, but I’ll make sure to do so tomorrow!
LikeLiked by 1 person