Today started off much better than yesterday! I had a hard time sleeping since I had slept so long the day before so I rolled out of bed around 09:30. By the time I was ready to go and explore the day it was around 10:45. I started off the day having brunch at Bakers & Roasters. There was a crazy long line! I ended up waiting about 30 minutes for a seat at the bar. Was it worth it? OMG yes! I enjoyed a latte and the kiwi brekkie dish. The kiwi brekkie dish is two eggs poached, 2 slices of bacon, 1 sausage, breakfast potatoes, garlicky spinach, and creamy mushrooms. It was so fantastic!
After enjoying a delicious breakfast I walked to Sarphatipark and walked around. And yes, I’m horrible at taking selfies.
I then decided to just walk towards Amsterdam Centraal Station. I spontaneously decided to get off at the Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum stop and went to the Moco Museum as it was featuring Banksy and Andy Warhol. After I left the museum it was about 16:00 so I returned to the hotel as I needed a teensy breather before I headed out for dinner.
For dinner, I went to Winkel 43 and did some more walking. I spent most of my time today walking and observing my surroundings. I essentially walked around Grachtengordel, Grachtengordel-West, and Centrum.
- If you haven’t figured it out, I’m cheap. Most of my travel is spent walking and finding ways to enjoy my surroundings and paying for very little.
- I purchased a travel ticket that is for 3-days. This pass has the following benefits:
- Easy going and all-in-one: you no longer have to worry about transport to and across Amsterdam.
- Unlimited 2nd class rail travel between Schiphol Amsterdam Airport and any station in Amsterdam.
- Unlimited travel on all buses, trams, metros and ferries operated by GVB.
- If you are taking the Connexxion bus, the pass does NOT work on this so you will need the chip card.
Since I didn’t sleep well last night I’m completely exhausted today, so I’m off. I’m actually falling asleep as I write this. I will post the other pictures I’ve taken from Day 2 tomorrow on my Instagram: @nataliejourneys.
I plan to go to The Hague tomorrow, so I’m really looking forward to that!