I made something really yummy today, not to brag…but OMG it’s good! I decided every 1-2 weeks I’ll make my own salad dressing, why not? It’s super easy and I can make whatever I want to my flavor profile.
So here’s my version of a Thai peanut salad, with a lot of variation options for you. Side note, Nutri bullet isn’t just for smoothies.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter OR 6 tablespoons of PB2 (Peanut butter powder, this will make it much lighter)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar OR use a flavored vinegar (I used Thai Basil Vinegar and because it’s sweet I only did about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime (I got more than 2 tablespoons because my lime was really juicy and that’s ok)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil OR whatever oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (I used 3 because one of the cloves was small)
- 1-inch square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped OR grated (so if you want to use ginger that’s already grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- If you’re using PB2 I used 6 tablespoons of the powder with about 4 tablespoons of water. Use this to your discretion, the thicker the peanut butter the thicker the dressing.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the cilantro) into a blender or food processor and blend.
- Add cilantro leaves and blend for a few seconds to have the cilantro incorporated and more chopped. If you don’t want to blend and you like the cilantro to be bigger than just chop the herb as much as you’d like and hand mix.